Cucumber cups are fun, easy and incredibly beautiful when prepared! They are great for a light dinner on a hot summer day or for appetizers at your next dinner party! Not to mention they are totally kid friendly! I love the taste sun dried tomatoes impart onto pretty much any food, especially when mixed with the vibrant taste of a basil cream. “Hip Hip Hooray” to awesome finger-food! J
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
6 Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Lemon, juiced
1 handful of fresh basil
sesame and chia seeds (optional)
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight
- Soak sun dried tomatoes for 20 minutes
- While tomatoes are soaking, wash your cucumbers and if your cucumbers are not organic, peel the skin
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- With knife or teaspoon, carve out the middle of the cucumber, creating a ‘cup-like’ shape.
- Set aside
Sun Dried Tomato Paté
- Drain the sundried tomatoes, saving the liquid in a separate bowl
- Drain the sunflower seeds
Basil Avocado Cream
- In a food processor, process, sunflower seeds, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper. This is your paté
- Place pate in a separate bowl
- Rinse food processor and process avocado, sundried tomato juice, fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.