Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Omelet Salad






I am currently living out in the Boondocks of CT! Lucky for me that means that I have access to a plethora of amazingly fresh eggs. Not only are they way more delicious than store bought eggs, but they are, according to Mother Earth News, (Click here) in fact healthier too! Just yesterday, upon arriving at the door of the house where I usually pick up my fresh eggs, I handed the little girl a dollar (A Dollar for six eggs! So they’re cheap too…sometimes even free when I get them from friends).  She happily accepted and then disappeared into the house… five minutes went by and she still hadn’t returned. As a few more minutes passed…. I was beginning to think she “saw her chance” and “took the money and ran!” But lo and behold, with a skip in her step, she returned holding six eggs that she explained: “had to be picked out of the coop and then rinsed off.” I went home straight away and cooked one up to go along with my dinner! Farm to table in less than twenty minutes! Now that’s something!

But when I want to branch out into my old Francophile ways, and head into omelet territory, I find it usually is difficult to add all the veggies that I deem acceptable into a typical omelet.  So I decided to cook up my usual Omelet, but instead of delegating the spinach to a small accoutrement in the middle of my eggs, I simply made the omelet the “topping” to my salad.

The Omelet Salad

2--3 cups of spinach (Rinsed)
2 TBS Dressing of choice (Dressings)
3 eggs
1 TBS Nutritional Yeast
salt and pepper to taste
Option:
¼ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp Tabasco hot sauce
2 TBS sunflower seeds

Directions
1.    Heat pan on medium heat
2.    Toss Spinach with 1 TBS of Dressing and set upon plate of choice
3.    Whisk eggs and the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl
4.    Lightly oil pan
5.    Pour egg mixture into pan allowing it to slowly cook. When the sides firm up, lift the sides and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath. Flip egg when ready to fully cook topside.
6.    Place Omelete “open faced” onto your bed of spinach and drizzle with remaining dressing.
7.    Sprinkle with sunflower seeds for extra crunch 





No comments:

Post a Comment